Sunday, March 15, 2009

Some days we're cranky



This weekend's weather appropriately  reflected Beamer's mood. It was gloomy, cloudy and drizzily. B's longing session in the outdoor ring on Friday was fairly easy and fluid, but it became obvious once I landed on his back that he just wasn't that into me...at least not this day. While simply walking on a loose rein I saw his ears come back and his hind leg strike out. This simple gesture told me that this pony wasn't having it. Sympathetic to fact he had his first set of spring shots the day before, we accomplished a couple laps at the trot interspersed with some transitions and called it a day. Normally a perky and willing partner I wasn't deaf to his opinions. 

Saturday and Sunday we took it easy. Canada mints and a thorough grooming go along way to improving a pony's mood it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment