Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sensitivvvveeee-o


Well, big surprise B's sudden crankiness had something to do with me. ha. This is why God created trainers. B had reacted the same way during my Tuesday ride as he had on the previous Friday, which only served to make me worry as this is uncharacteristic of him. Then I remembered a similar behavior developed about four months earlier, which was the direct result of using a collecting seat as I asked for the trot. What? It worked on my highly trained Young Riders horse. It's amazing the things your body does without you even knowing it. Snarf. The crankiness slowly gained a life of it's own. Mr.B was basically saying to me, "What in the F are you doing?"I'd respond, "What in the F are you doing?" Yup, and then it progressed to angry faces and wind up bucks. Oops. Once my trainer pointed out that I need to keep my hips swinging and not tighten like I'm intending to break a thigh master, B happily obliged. In my defense, my trainer said that he was a little tight in the back at the canter. So there. Awww the joys of always learning.


B has the day off today as I have a paper due for class tonight. Tomorrow the plan is to do some cold trailering. What? Normally, I ride B first then trailer him. In anticipation of his first show this Sunday (as a non-competing horse thank you very much) we're going to practice trailering first without the initial tiring out session. I'm keep you posted on that....

No comments:

Post a Comment