Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Unexpected Vacation


Ahhhh! It has been way too long since my last post. My apologies. I have decent excuses though. Just quickly, I went to Canada and it was fabulous-great weather and many long nights spent with friends and family. But, alas, I ended up catching the Flu on my journey. This bugger knocked me out for two days of my first week of work at a new job and out of riding B for five days. Five days..?! Can you believe that? So B pretty much enjoyed a two week vacation. He looked so sad when I was finally able to visit him on Sunday. Oh ya, and this past Saturday when I was finally feeling better I was bitten by some alien bug that landed me in the urgent care center. I'm now armed with an Epi pen and the knowledge that when your lips start swelling maybe you shouldn't ride that third horse. Whoops.

Anyway, I was able to take my weekly lesson on Monday but my other allergies began acting up. Here's my old lady tales of woe...I get fluid in my ears so bad it gives me vertigo. After not riding for five days nothing was stopping me. I warned my coach and she was sensible enough to remind me to take it easy and we only did walk/trot work. B was a fabulous little solider as he carted his discheveld mother around the ring. Guess what? We're going in a show this weekend. ha ha...ya seriously. It's only a schooling show and even if we have to scratch our classes and just walk around I know it will be good for him.

I'm feeling much better and was able to get back into the normal routine tonight. It was lovely out and since I now get to the barn by 4pm we were able to workout outside. We were both a touch uncoordinated, which was probably cute to watch in a sad kind of way. he he. I took him out for a walk in the front field afterward and just enjoyed the ride. 

I think I have taught B a trick that hopefully will come in handy at horse shows. Remember one of my last posts where I talked about B having to pee really badly during the entire ride? Man, this is a sexy blog...ouch...meh. Ever since that day he has peed after every single ride before getting back into the barn. Today we were walking in the big field and he stopped and peed while I was on him. Of course he received uberpraise and a mint, as always. By george I think he's got it! If I ever doubted that I have a horse that wants nothing more in the world than to please this proves it. He even pees for praise. How adorably cute is that? I heart my pony. :0) 

No comments:

Post a Comment